Team Member Application
Are you passionate about newborn care and providing invaluable support to parents during the early stages of their child’s life? Join our nationwide team of Newborn Care Specialists! We are seeking individuals with specialized training in newborn care and a genuine dedication to nurturing infants and guiding parents through this crucial phase.
About Us: We are a dynamic and close-knit team of professionals across the nation, united by a common goal of providing exceptional newborn care. Our team fosters a supportive environment through regular meetings, a private team page, company-wide retreats, and competitive pay ranging between $20-45/hour DOE. With the flexibility to set your own schedule, you’ll be an integral part of a team that values your expertise and dedication.
Responsibilities: As a Newborn Care Specialist, you will play a vital role in the early development and well-being of newborns.
Your duties will include:
- Feeding the baby/babies: Ensuring infants are nourished and well-cared for during feeding times.
- Sterilizing, Cleaning, and Preparing Bottles: Maintaining a safe and hygienic environment for feeding.
- Sterilizing and Cleaning Pump Parts: Ensuring cleanliness and availability of pump parts.
- Changing Baby When Needed: Attending to the baby’s diaper changes promptly and with care.
- Establishing Healthy Sleep Habits: Assisting in establishing a healthy sleep routine for the infant.
- Soothing Baby Back to Sleep: Providing comfort and aid in getting the baby back to sleep.
- Maintaining Sleep Schedules & Logs: Documenting and managing the baby’s sleep patterns, diaper changes, and feedings.
- Keeping the Nursery Tidy: Ensuring the nursery is organized and maintained for a conducive environment.
- Education for Parents: Providing guidance and education to parents on newborn care practices.
Requirements: To excel in this role, candidates must meet the following qualifications and requirements:
- Must have attended a Newborn Care Specialist or Postpartum Doula Specific Training or be an RN with newborn-specific experience.
- Must reside in the DMV area or be willing to commute (our DMV team serves northern Virginia, DC proper, and all of Maryland excluding the eastern shore).
- Previous overnight newborn care experience (daycare, nanny, or mother is a great start).
- Infant/CPR Certification or willingness to renew/obtain quickly.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Up-to-date Tdap vaccine or booster.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Willingness to serve clients of all nationalities, races, religions, and sexual orientations.