Unfortunately, as we start in 2021, we are still dealing with COVID-19 and its health impacts on our country. We are also looking at what will likely be the next baby boom. All joking aside, the level of babies arriving now through the summer of 2021 is nothing like we have ever seen in the ten years supporting new families.
As we increase the number of families we serve, we are still diligent with our COVID-19 policies.
Upon starting the interview process, we ask clients to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire. The questionnaire gives us an idea of your family’s precautions and preferences. Once we have a questionnaire we can tailor the team member options we send for review. This tool has been a crucial piece of our matching process over the last few months.
Here is an updated list of our 2021 COVID guidelines:
- Team members are primarily serving one client at a time. No splitting the week with two families unless otherwise discussed and approved.
- Clients can request and pay for a COVID-19 test before the team member beginning services.
- Clients can pay a retainer fee for the team member to participate in a voluntary self-isolation period leading up to the due date.
- Team members will be practicing social distancing per CDC guidelines when they are off of their night shift.
- A team member will not be using public transportation.
- A team member will be following CDC guidelines for handwashing.
- We do not require glove-wearing for team members as it is not effective per the CDC guidelines.
- A team member will remove themselves from an assignment if they have been in contact with anyone who may have shown any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Clients can request that team members wear a mask when they are working with the baby or in the home.
- Face masks may also be requested by the team member for client use when giving one on one directions and handing the baby over.
- Hush Little Baby will continually monitor the CDC guidelines. As they develop we will continue to alter our current policies as we learn more about COVID-19.
For clients who are not comfortable with having a team member provide in home services, we currently offer virtual support throughout consultation services. Team members can assist with any area a client may need assistance with.